To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain principles of Stop Smoking Services to clients to help aid their quit attempt.
- Motivate and empower clients to make behaviour changes.
- Understanding the needs of the outreach services
- Deliver a client-led treatment plan in concordance with national and local guidelines, effectively and professionally dealing with the issue of the quit attempt until it is resolved.
- This will include CO monitoring, the completion of accurate data to comply with Russell standards, and a comprehensive account of weekly interventions.
- Deliver one to one, drop in or group sessions to clients within local communities.
- Provide a service throughout a diverse range of community settings in outreach
- Monitor outcomes of treatment programmes set for individual clients for their effectiveness.
- Potentially be required to work with complex health needs in relation to behaviour change.
- Develop new service initiatives with the service manager
Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Have a driving licence and willing to drive to clinics.
- To actively participate in promotional events.
- Carry out any other duties that relate to this post.
- Be able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Be able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends (depending on the business needs)
- Clean driving licence and owns a vehicle that is fully functioning which be can used when and if the need arises.
- Experience in smoking cessation advice or equivalent health improvement environment, however we are willing to accept those with experience within the following fields; health promotion, sales, retail, hospitality or a community based smoking cessation service.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant knowledge/experience in a health promotion environment.
- Relevant IT skills-proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word